Night Garden is looking for a Lead Game Artist with a background in 2D Games and/or Animation. If you are passionate about games and have experience in an Art Leadership Role, we would like to talk to you. We are looking for mastery in Character Design, Environment Art, Prop creation, Rigging and Animation, and for someone who is comfortable moving between an array of toolsets and art styles relevant to 2D game production.
- Owning the overall visual direction of a mobile game title.
- Ensuring that the art team is hitting visual quality benchmarks across production.
- Conceiving of and creating high quality 2D Characters, Environments, Props and other assets from the ground up that meet our games stylistic expectations.
- Planning your designs and design features for rigging, animation and implementation and carrying those requirements through to completion.
- Rigging and animating Characters, Environments, Props and VFX as well as any other assets our games may require.
- Producing clear and concise visual targets and animatics that will be shared amongst the team to demonstrate intended direction for any given feature or asset.
- Mentoring and motivating a team of remote artists to guide and empower them to create great art.
- Collaborating closely with all departments to problem solve, iterate and ensure successful and timely art implementation.
- Working with Production to create the Art Production Roadmap and Schedule for a mobile game title.
- 3+ years in an Art Leadership role.
- A passionate, positive, and team focused attitude.
- Proactive problem solving abilities, especially across multiple game area groups.
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency and understanding in colour theory, colour application, perspective and anatomy.
- Expertise in Photoshop, Animate (Flash) and Illustrator are imperative. Unity, SPINE, Perforce and Sourcetree experience is required.
- 2D rigging experience in Animate (Flash), SPINE or Toon Boom.
We’d love to work with artists from all over. Remote roles are a possibility. At the moment however, we will only be considering individuals living in the Vancouver area, the province of British Columbia and/or Canadian citizens or those who reside in the country who hold a valid work permit.
Interested? Apply here. Please attach your cover letter, resume and portfolio.