Night Garden is looking for versatile artists with backgrounds in 2D Games and/or Animation. If you are passionate about games and have experience in Character Design, Environment Art, Prop creation, Rigging and Animation and are comfortable moving between an array of toolsets and art styles relevant to 2D game production, we’d like to talk with you.
- Conceiving of and creating high quality 2D Characters, Environments, Props and other assets from the ground up that meet our games stylistic expectations.
- Planning your designs and design features for rigging, animation and implementation and carrying those requirements through to completion.
- Rigging and animating Characters, Environments, Props and VFX as well as any other assets our games may require.
- Producing clear and concise visual targets and animatics that will be shared amongst the team to demonstrate intended direction for any given feature or asset.
- Collaborating closely with your teammates in all departments to problem solve, iterate and ensure successful and timely implementation.
- A hard working, positive, team focused attitude.
- Excellent time management and organizational skill.
- An eye for detail. You are someone who will endeavor to produce the very best work you can. If it’s not right or doesn’t sync with established aesthetic and direction, you happily iterate until it does.
- A proven ability to work from rough to clean in a range of styles as demonstrated by your portfolio.
- Proficiency and understanding in colour theory, colour application, perspective and anatomy.
- Versatility in your toolset. Photoshop, Animate (Flash) and Illustrator are imperative. Unity, SPINE, Perforce and Sourcetree experience highly desirable as well.
- Some 2D rigging experience in Animate (Flash), SPINE or Toon Boom.
We’d love to work with artists from all over. Remote roles are a possibility. At the moment however, we will only be considering individuals living in the Vancouver area, the province of British Columbia and/or Canadian citizens or those who reside in the country who hold a valid work permit.
Interested? Apply here. Please attach your cover letter, resume and portfolio.