The Night Garden is growing, and seeking a mid to senior level DevOps Engineer to join our team. As a DevOps Engineer at Night Garden, you’ll be working with both our Live Operations and Development teams, you will manage online services and bridge the relationship between the dev who makes the games and the players who love them. You will be responsible to monitor, troubleshoot, tune and scale up our systems and services.
In addition to their technical prowess, the ideal candidate should display interpersonal skills, with strong abilities in communication, collaboration, and networking. They should also be highly self-motivated and display exceptional organizational skills.
We offer an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and fosters personal and professional growth. Come make great games with us!
- Overseeing game back-end infrastructure, service reliability, and perform root cause analysis of software, process and service failures
- Providing design, implementation, and administration to assure highest reliability and availability of game services
- Supporting business applications by ensuring the availability and reliability of our game systems
- Acting as front-line dev-support for issues that come up through in the live game
- Facilitating communication between Live Operations and engineering teams to ensure targets are met and that issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Providing recommendations and implementations to ensure there are no threats to destabilize the live game environment
- Working with a team to establish standards and procedures related to security and integrity
YOUR SKILL SET
- 3+ years of experience in similar capacity, preferable in game industry
- Familiarity with Linux, AWS, Nginx, MySQL, Redis and Jenkins.
- Experience with containerization (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Highly self-motivated and able to excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or qualifications in a related technical discipline
- Experience with message brokers (Kafka).
- Experience with monitoring infrastructure such as Grafana, NewRelic, InfluxDB, Prometheus, Stackdriver, DataDog and CloudWatch.
- Understanding of microservice architecture.
- Experience in 24/7 on-call support rotation for distributed back-end systems.
PERKS OF WORKING AT NIGHT GARDEN!
- Extended benefits package & MSP coverage
- Remote friendly