The Night Garden is growing, and seeking a mid to senior level Backend Engineer to join our team. As a Backend Engineer at Night Garden, you will design systems to handle a large number of players in a fault tolerant way. You possess a strong technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for backend systems design.
In addition to their technical prowess, the ideal candidate should display interpersonal skills, with strong abilities in communication, collaboration, and networking. They should also be highly self-motivated and display exceptional organizational skills.
We offer an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and fosters personal and professional growth. Come make great games with us!
- Develop backend systems (Web client and Server-side logic) (design, architect, implement, document, test, and support)
- Collaborate with game designers and other engineers to develop LiveOps tools and game features
- Be responsible for ad-hoc projects and/or requirements as they arise
- Work toward scalability and reliability of our games
YOUR SKILL SET
- 3+ years of experience in similar capacity, preferable in game industry
- Expert in software engineering with back-end/server-side technologies
- Strong web development experience
- Strong database experience (any RDBMS)
- You have worked on a RESTful API system
- Experience in working in a mixed team environment of engineers and non-engineering professionals
- Good experience working with source control
- Experience dealing with scalability and performance optimization
- Experience in C#, Node.js, C++
- Experience in Unity3D, MySQL, and Redis
- Practical knowledge of the iOS and Android platforms
- Experience working with Google Cloud / AWS
- An active Github profile
PERKS OF WORKING AT NIGHT GARDEN!
- Extended benefits package & MSP coverage
- Remote friendly